Mushroom and Soba Noodle Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 3 baby bok choy
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 150 g cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated or crushed
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 900ml tetra pack of vegetable broth
- 180 g soba noodles
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1. Wash the bok choy and slice the white part of the bok choy very thinly. Chop the green leaves of the bok choy into larger, bite size pieces and set it all aside.
- 2. Cut the tough, dirty end off the shiitake mushrooms and discard. Cut the main part of the shitake mushrooms into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Slice the cremini mushrooms.
- 3. Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat.
- 4. Toss in all the mushrooms and sautee for 5-8 minutes or until they have browned slightly and reduced down.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil a large amount of water and boil the soba noodles for no more than two minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set the noodles aside.
- 6. Add the grated ginger and garlic. Stir it around with the mushrooms to cook for less than one minute before adding the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and fish sauce (if using).
- 7. Pour in the vegetable broth and cover the pot. Let it simmer together for 3-4 minutes.
- 8. Add all the bok choy at once and stir. Let it wilt and simmer for 1 minute.
- 9. Add the soba noodles and serve immediately.