Provencal Poached Salmon Dinner
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms (crimini, white, shiitake), thickly sliced (5 cups)
- 1/2 Cups chopped onion
- 1/2 Cups dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 4 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- chopped parsley or pea sprouts (optional)
- In large 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence; bring to boil. Arrange salmon in single layer on top; sprinkle remaining 1 tsp herbes de Provence evenly on salmon. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer over for 10 minutes or until fish flakes readily with a fork. Spoon mashed potatoes onto dinner plates; flattening slightly. Top with salmon and spoon mushroom sauce overall. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or pea sprouts if desired.
Nutrients Per Serving:
- 448 calories, 23 g fat, 34 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre.
- Excellent source of vitamin E, B6, B12, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and magnesium.